Toledo auto dealer, Ballas Buick GMC has six (6) vehicle with the top honors from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Ballas isn’t surprised to learn the GMC Acadia is on the list. In the large SUV category there were only 4 vehicles. Two of the four are available her at Ballas Buick GMC: the Buick Enclave and the GMC Acadia. The GMC Acadia is available for you to test drive and get great information from our Buick & GMC Product Specialists.
Insurance Institute For Highway Safety announced their Top Safety Picks 2012. Six (6) of our vehicles made the list. We’re not surprised. To determine crashworthiness, the Institute rates vehicles good, acceptable, marginal, or poor based on performance in high-speed front and side crash tests, a rollover test, plus evaluations of seat/head restraints for protection against neck injuries in rear impacts. To earn Top Safety Pick for 2012 a vehicle must have good ratings in all four Institute tests.
Acadia safety and crash-avoidance features
The Acadia has 360-degree safety system that helps protect passengers before, during and after a crash, including anchor pretensioners for outboard occupants and pelvic-thorax seat-mounted side air bags. The structure is reinforced in numerous areas with high-strength steel, including a stiff steel cross-car beam welded across the floor between the B-pillars. It also uses dual-phase steel in select areas, such as the lower engine compartment rails. Dual-phase steel is strengthened in the paint oven and offers easier formability, reduced mass, greater strength and better crash energy absorption than most high-strength steels.
- Standard head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. These head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts, since rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle.
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with rollover mitigation technology is standard on all models and incorporates full-function traction control.
- Available rearview camera system designed to provide the driver with
a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle.
- Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with ABS featuring smooth, quiet operation, longer pad life and more resistance to brake pulsation.
- Pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision, and are standard on the front safety belts. Load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly.
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat attachment system, which is included in all second-row seating positions.
- Tire pressure monitoring system, standard on all models.
- Standard remote keyless entry system provides a second function for the red panic button. Drivers can use it to locate their vehicle without sounding the panic alarm.
- Strong body structure to absorb crash energy and provide a protective “safety cage” around occupants.
Those in the market for a new vehicle need to put Buick and GMC on their shopping list. Other products Ballas Buick GMC carries were also selected by IIHS as top in Safety for 2012. They are:
- Buick Verano
- Buick LaCrosse
- Buick Regal
- GMC Terrain
- GMC Enclave
- GMC Acadia
About Ballas Buick GMC:
Ballas Buick-GMC has been a fixture in the Toledo business community since 1970. Ballas earned the coveted General Motor’s “Mark of Excellence” award in 2009 and 2010 (for business excellence). Mrs. Ballas represents a very small minority of female dealership owners which is less than 1% nationally. She also serves on the National Dealer Council for the Buick GMC Division of General Motors with 21 other dealers from across the nation representing all five regions of the U.S. For more information, please call us at 419.535.1000 or stop by 5715 W. Central Ave 43615.