Your safety is a concern of ours. Is it any wonder Ballas is the number ONE Buick dealership in Ohio. Our vehicle safety features makes the Buick and GMC a car everyone loves.
National Teen Driver Safety Week (NTDSW)–October 14-20, 2012–is dedicated to raising awareness and seeking solutions to unnecessary teen deaths on the road. Established by Congress in 2007 and held annually the third week of each October, its goal is to focus the country’s attention on this serious issue.
The theme last year in 2011 was supporting parents in teaching their teens to drive. This includes helping you navigate the practice driving phase, as well as driving on your own. The research of NTDSW shows that teens who say their parents set rules and monitor their driving in a helpful, supportive way are half as likely to crash and twice as likely to buckle up as teens with less involved parents. The evidence also reveals that the majority of teens (87 percent) have a parent involved in the learning-to-drive process.
We all want parents to be as prepared as possible to take on the important task of teaching you, your friends, and classmates to safely navigate the first years of driving. Talk to your parents about logging at least 50 hours of supervised behind-the-wheel practice to develop skills in a variety of situations.
Ballas encourages teens to know the driving laws for your state, and work with your parents to understand and follow them.
NTDSW is a great time to help parents become more effective driving teachers and coaches. Get creative with events at your school or in your community. Consider using the free resources on this site to support your efforts. Add a NTDSW message on your school’s website or send home some handouts to parents. Enlist the help of your school’s administration and student club advisors for ideas on spreading the word. Also check out Ride Like A Friend. Drive Like You Care, a peer-to-peer campaign you conduct at your school.
Ballas Buick GMC wants you to be safe. If you do get into an accident, don’t fret. The Ballas Parts & Accessories Department; located in Toledo, OH; is a quality, skilled group of highly trained professionals.
Ballas Honors & Distinctions:
- #1 volume Buick dealership in Ohio (2010)
- GM Mark of Excellence- 2009, 2010 & 2011-
- Only awarded to the top 50 dealers defining them as the “finest dealers who have committed themselves to unsurpassed performance and customer satisfaction.”
- BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics Winner- 2007
- UT College of Business & Innovation’s Business Pacemaker of the Year 2011
- 5/3 Bank Platinum Dealer Award
- Professional Parts Guild Dealership Award
- President of the Buick/GMC Local Marketing Group (Marianne Ballas)
- Elected to the Buick/GMC National Dealer Council (Marianne Ballas)
- Board of Toledo Area Chamber of Commerce (Marianne Ballas)
- University of Toledo Foundation Board member (Marianne Ballas)
- Board of Toledo Hospital (Marianne Ballas)